- 1. What was the most dreaded disease in the 1940's?
c) Polio. Beginning August, swimming pools were closed, movies and other public gathering places were closed to try to prevent spread of the disease.
- 2. "I'll be down to get you in a________, Honey"
b) Taxi. Better be ready by half-past eight!
- 3. What was the name of Caroline Kennedy's pet pony?
a. Old Blue
- 4. What was a Duck-and-Cover Drill?
a. Part of the game of hide and seek
b. What you did when your Mom called you in to do chores
c) Hiding under your desk and covering your head with your arms in an A-bomb drill.
- 5. What was the name of the Indian Princess on the Howdy Doody show?
a) Princess Summerfallwinterspring She was another puppet.
b. Princess Sacajewea
c. Princess Moonshadow
- 6. What did all the really savvy students do when ditto sheets were handed out in school?
a) Immediately sniffed the purple ink, as this was believed to get you high
b. Made paper airplanes to see who could sail theirs out the window
c. Wrote another pupil's name on the top, to avoid their failure
- 7. Why did your Mom shop in stores that gave Green Stamps with purchases?
a. To keep you out of mischief by licking the backs, which tasted like bubble gum
b) They could be put in special books and redeemed for various household items at the Green Stamp store.
c. They were given to the kids to be used as stick-on tattoos
- 8. Praise the Lord, and pass the _________?
c) Ammunition, and we'll all be free.
- 9. What was the name of the Lone Ranger's horse?
b) Silver,   "Hi Yo Silver Away".
- 10. Who left his heart in San Francisco?
a) Tony Bennett, and he sounds just as good today.
b. Xavier Cugat
c. George Gershwin
7 - 10 correct: You are older than dirt, and obviously gifted with mental abilities. Definitely
someone who should share their wisdom. Now if you could only find your glasses!
3 - 6 correct: Not quite dirt yet, but your mind is getting keen.
0 - 2 correct: You are not old enough to share the wisdom of your experiences.